Wildfire and Interface
– Simulation Training
Sessions can be planned for hours or take place over days.
Exercises and Simulations
Vulcan Trainers observe and provide feedback to help each participant improve or build confidence based on a review of their actions. Group debriefs as well as individual feedback is provided.
ICS 100, ICS 200
ICS 300 (Recommended)
ICS Position Specific Training (Recommended)
An optimum solution will be discussed with you to meet your training needs.
Vulcan Training offers wildfire and interface fire simulations which are aimed at developing competencies and skill sets so that staff can fulfil roles with efficiency. How will crews respond when an incident occurs? When you have a new mix of staff or you are coming out of a quiet period your operational readiness requires testing and training. Having crew members go through simulation training together will provide a safe place to build capacity and to fix mistakes, (instead of making them in real-life).
Wildfire incidents are dynamic events and despite your experience level, every incident requires crew members to act on their best judgment. In real life these judgment calls are often not tested and analysed unless there is a comprehensive and honest after action review process. The simulation process allows for an open review process of judgement calls and provides an environment for improvement and growth.
Wildfire and Interface Fire Simulations are created as field exercises to challenge crews and offer reality based training. Depending on your requirements we can customise a simulation to involve different aspects of procedures, action plans, response testing, operational strategy and tactics, physical performance testing and after action reviews. Simulation training at an Inter-Agency level is also highly encouraged to develop and enhance mutual co-operation and effective ways of working together.
- Enhanced incident readiness and preparedness.
- Enhanced ability of staff to carry out response functions when an emergency occurs.
- Insight and analysis of your procedures and plans.
- An opportunity to improve all aspects of your planning and response through experiential learning.
You receive a training Attendance Certificate.
Group training is available for 10 or more persons.
Group Training Booking Process
- Send us an enquiry with your training numbers, venue, catering needs etc.
- We send you a quote based on your specs.
- Once you are happy, the training is booked.
Group Booking Discounts are available.
Who is the course aimed at:
- All staff, employees, crews, members who could be involved in incident planning or response.
- Training should also extend to include contractors and the staff of voluntary organisations who might be used in support of emergency planning or response.
- Simulation training at an Inter-Agency level is highly encouraged.